Monday, July 26, 2010

Wobble Bass Ruining Dubstep? Hardly...

Obviously I've been extremely active in my blogging today, but I've discovered something I can't pass up. So allegedly, all these forums and dub blogs etc. are claiming that wobble bass is ruining dubstep, as it ruined DnB. If you ask me, completely false. I personally enjoy the wobble aspect to MODERN dubstep, and how different it is to any other genre, with the exception of DnB. As everyone knows, dub evolved from UK Garage, Jungle, DnB, Reggae, HipHop, you name it. Modern dubstep has stemmed from all these genres in one way or another. Because of this, you're going to have a massive difference in sounds. There is still dub out there without wobble bass, as everyone knows and understands, including many of it's Jungle roots, just with a heavy sub bass. I don't fully understand how an implementation of a new sound, or new style, can ruin a genre. It isn't as if Soulja Boy decided to start producing...

Simply put, if you believe that wobble bass is ruining dubstep, you're wrong. In all actuality, it is HELPING BRING fans to dubstep. I couldn't even tell you how many people I know here in the states who love dubstep simply because of that aspect. And to those who don't want dubstep to go commercial, you're also wrong. It's only a matter of time. And once dub becomes commercial, your favourite dub artists can quit their day jobs and actually focus on TUNES PRIMARILY for once, furthering dub evolution. Which I personally don't stand against.

Well, that's all. Spoke my peace.

Big up readers,

-Skuzzy
soundcloud.com/damdubstep

PS: Saw this on one of the forums in question, and yes, it's meant sarcastically.

2 comments:

  1. dub and dubstep are two different genres. Calling dubstep 'dub' just shows your ignorance and lack of knowledge on the subject. So next time before going on a rant why don't you read a wikipedia article or two wanker

    ReplyDelete