Thursday, July 29, 2010

The blog to end all blogs...

All right. Get comfy. I have loads to talk about here. Sports, life, tunes, people, experiences, laughs etc. Prob gonna be one of my longer posts, so I'll post something for you to listen to whilst you read.

PS: That's a little collaborative remix my boy P!NQu3 and I recently completed.

So last night, after much anticipation, anxiety, deliberation and near failure, I attended my first Manchester United match. For those who don't know, deffo my favourite athletic club. As in over every other team, in every sport in the world. Game went quite well, Manchester winning 5-2, as well as Giggsie, my favourite PLAYER of all time, getting to hoist up the MLS All-Star award at the closing. So, that was class. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and if my career or tunes bring me to the UK anytime in the future, I'll be attending another (at Old Trafford, rather than Reliant). The funny part about it being that my mate I was attending the match with had drank a bit before my arrival, and walking 10 blocks to the train station in 95 degree temperatures, then loading onto a completely crowded train didnt exactly agree with him. We were a bit late, but we made it.

Now, to the next topic I've got swimmin around the voids in my mind... This may build upon a Blog I posted earlier this week (regular reader hint!). I fully understand immaturity in youth. I really do. My younger brother, at the age of 7, is immature, but thats EXPECTED of him as he's only a boy. Now, dear late-teenage-early-twenties-fellow-classmates of mine... Immaturity, is not expected from you. As a matter of fact, it's discouraged. Your 10 year old sister is NOT a "complete bitch", nobody cares how hard you think it is to quit smoking, nor does anyone care about your high school, and what teachers you loved and hated. You're in college. Your ten year old sister is a typical ten year old girl, smoking isn't hard to quit, especially at your young age unless you've been smoking since age 12 or so, and you've graduated high school! Your past teachers are (or should be) completely out of your mind at this point! Another thing to add, if you have something in your brain you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about, do NOT go spouting off random factoids about how much you know... People like me could be in the room. People with a small amount of knowledge that realize your little schpiel(sp?) you just went on was complete bullshit. Once again, be yourself, and be real. Real recognizes real (in more ways than one).

In the tunes department, P!NQu3 is currently working on a remix to my title track of the upcoming EP entitled FLEMBOT, and from what I've heard, all you grime fans will be into this one. And I heard it without bass... Impressive without bass. I said it.

I'm going to try to wrap this one up as I have things to plan, people to call, feats to accomplish, tunes to attend to etc... But I only have a few things left to say. To all my Twitter followers that provide me with feedback, THANK YOU! I love Twitter for that reason, that I can connect and speak to fans (or just listeners) worldwide! Feels good to know people out there are listening in to what we have working. To SoundCloud, fix your damn website please.

I may be becoming a regular on a work-in-progress podcast, on which I'll be providing music, and humour. So be on the watch for that, and I'll be updating on that soon.

Thanks for readin'!

-Skuzzy
soundcloud.com/damdubstep

No comments:

Post a Comment