Tuesday, July 27, 2010

People Watching, Social Networks, etc.

So today, I noticed a few things about the world, that had of course entered my mind previous, but I had failed to express my knowledge of. So, I'm in class today, which is practically filled with adult's who had tried school prior, and had decided to come back and try once more. Now, I have NO PROBLEM with anyone returning to pursue their education.. As a matter of fact I fully support anyone without a degree, to return to school and achieve it. Now that being said, there is a woman in my class, who will remain unnamed as I haven't had the lovely pleasure of acquiring it. Well, mid lecture, the woman decided to strike up a conversation with the person sitting next to her, who sits directly behind me. Normally, this issue is something I take with a grain of salt, ignore it, and move on. However I'm not positive if it was the rain or what, but I took an extreme level of annoyance with this woman as she begins to describe last night's Ke$ha show as "Faaaaabulous", a word she used at every opportunity. She then begins to go into how she stays up till five in the morning, every morning, because she's always out drinking at the bar, or at a club, etc. Now this is what sparks my interest. Has this woman no responsibility at all? No sense of judgement? No musical taste?

From that moment on I had an epiphany, and I know the majority of people reading have had this at one point or another... Be yourself. Simply put. If you are a woman, obviously going BACK to school (as this woman was nearing her thirties), at some point you have to realize that there are things more important than getting canned every night and going to Ke$ha concerts (and in regards to the latter, MANY more). This all of course, is in assumption that she wasn't lying, which is very possible, but the point remains the same. You're near 30 years old and you have to lie to make yourself acceptable to someone more youthful than yourself? Seems a tad backwards doesn't it?

Granted it isn't my place to judge, but as an American I'm allowed to have an opinion, and I stand by that right.

On the topic of social networks, I have to say, I enjoy them. Just from an artist-to-fanbase standpoint. I love the fact that listeners of your music are just a click away, and are always willing to provide with comments, and feedback. I love it. So to anyone who has ever told me,"I enjoy your music...", "I despise your music...", or anything of that sort, I thank you. Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion!

Big up massive,

-Skuzzy
soundcloud.com/damdubstep

PS: Chick failed her exam. I got a 95.

No comments:

Post a Comment